Hamden Hills Half Marathon & 5K
Saturday May 26, 2018
CLICK THE RACE LOGO BELOW TO REGISTER NOW!
The 7th Annual Hamden Hills Half Marathon and 5K is being held on Saturday, May 26th (Memorial Day Weekend.)
Our Half Marathon course is challenging and picturesque as you run through the back country of Hamden. The course runs on the Rail-Trail for the first 2 miles and the last 2 miles offering a bit of flat, shady ground to enjoy.
The 5K is 100% on the rail-trail for a flat and fast finish.
- Chip timed for accuracy
- Mile 6.65 timing mat for the half way split
- Short sleeve race shirts for all entrants
- Custom Finisher Medals for the Half Marathon
- Subway is providing Subs, Cookies and Chips post-race
- Gatorade, GU and Poland Spring water at all Aid Stations (Miles 2.5, 4.5, 6.5, 8.5, 10.5)
- Porto-lets at the Start/Finish and Miles 4.5 & 8.5
- All finishers receive a "Race Receipt" when they finish will all of their stats. You'll know if you won top 3 right away
- Our Real-Time tracking system allows award winners to get their award immediately so there is no wait for an awards ceremony later
- Top 3 Overall and in every 10 year age division wins a custom Race Pilsner Award
- Professional photos by J Macht Photography
From I-91: Take exit 10 (Rt 40 connector) to Rt 10 North (Whitney Ave) Make a left onto Sherman Ave. From Rt 15 (Merritt Parkway): Take exit 61, Rt 10 North (Whitney Ave) Go for 2.7 miles and turn left onto Sherman Ave. Turn LEFT into the Canal Rail-Trail Lot.
THIS IS ALSO THE PLACE FOR RACE-DAY REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK-UP
Google Map Link
Optional Friday Packet Pick-Up and Day-Before Registration
Friday May 25th from 3:30-6:30pm
*You may pick up for other people if those people are notified in advance*
Packet pick-up and day-before-registration will be at
The Multisports Academy, 109 Sanford St. Hamden, CT. 06514 (203-691-7349)
Race-Day Registration & Packet Pick-up Saturday May 26th from 7:00-7:45am
Race Day Registration and packet pick-up will be at the race start/finish (see directions above.)
The race will start PROMPTLY at 8am!
7:00am: Registration and Packet Pickup opens
7:45am: Packet Pickup Closes
8:00am: Half Marathon Starts
8:15am: 5K Starts
8:30am: First 5K finishers
9:15am: Last of the 5K finishers are in
9:20am: First finishers for the Half Marathon
11:30am: Final Finishers of the Half Marathon
12:00pm: Race Venue Closed
TRAVEL AND HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS:
Hamden, Connecticut can be accessed easily from Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, CT. (46 Miles away) as well as JFK International Airport (85 miles away) and LaGuardia International Airport, (79 miles away) both in Queens, NY. Bradley will be MUCH easier to fly through and travel to and from the race venue, but the tickets may be more expensive.
The best and closest hotels to stay in for the Hamden Hills Half Marathon are:
Whitney Inn & Suites (Half a mile from the race venue)
3400 Whitney Ave. Hamden, CT. 06518
Phone (203) 288-2505
Clarion Hotel & Suites (3 Miles from the race venue)
2260 Whitney Ave. Hamden, CT. 06518
Phone (203) 288-3831